We love to craft and want to share our love with the world! Well, maybe not the whole world...yet.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Going back to what I know

Recently I (Christa) realized that I tend to make the same things over and over. I don't particularly mind this since it's good practice and I can reevaluate my patterns, however some of the "newer" patterns I've been using are starting to get old. I'm slightly ADD and appreciate change. One of the reasons I loved crochet is because I could make something in one night. I remember trying to knit my first scarf over and over and it took FOREVER! Then I re-learned how to crochet and made the thing in one night. Seeing results so quickly seriously appealed to me and I've been hooked ever since. Oh wow...did not mean to make that pun, really didn't. Anyways, I'm getting off track...see, ADD. So lately I've just sort of been searching for something a bit different when it hit me that there are some hats I made for Emery last year or the year before that would be super fun to make and I think other people would like them as well. Instead of something brand spanking new I need to go back to some older projects and polish them up a bit. I also think that I could stand to think outside the box a bit. What exactly that is going to look like...who knows, but I'm ready to find some more inspiration. Yeah, I blogged about that already, but I'm still looking. Here's Emery last year in one of her hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment