We love to craft and want to share our love with the world! Well, maybe not the whole world...yet.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tic tac toe remake

Melissa here. This is my first blog! D is sleeping, R's playing with his pirates, and A's doing an Explode the Code lesson. So, here I am with a few minutes to myself and I thought I'd share my progress on the tic tac toe game set I've been working on.

I started with this set, but realized that I didn't need to create a checker board, so I've changed my board to a solid color with embroidered lines. I also decided to make the granny squares and O's two different colors, to make the two players pieces more distinct.



Right now, I have three complete tic tac toe sets, but I've been folding them up like wontons with a tie enclosure. Well, it really bugs me that children who use this game will likely not be able to tie a bow or figure out how to close it up neatly. So, I've been considering all sorts of enclosure systems, because I want this to be an on the go type of toy. Plus I love it when my kids toys are easily managed and all the pieces stay together. I like the little pouches for the game pieces, but as for the wontons, I'm not satisfied with my results.

I have this strange obsession with turning everything I make into a bag or purse of some type, and once again, I am toying with the idea of bagging this toy somehow. I woke up in the middle of the night, probably to nurse D, with the thought of adding another panel to the back of the board and viola! it's a bag! I guess it doesn't take genius to figure out how to make everything into it's own bag, but I sure do feel creative when I do! I'm undecided on whether I will include a strap and make it a purse, add two straps like a backpack, or leave it more like a little pillow with no straps at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment