We love to craft and want to share our love with the world! Well, maybe not the whole world...yet.

Monday, May 17, 2010

First sale! Kind of...


Yay! A very excited Christa here! We had our first sale online last week! Well, that's not entirely true. We have had some sales through Etsy, but they were either friends or relatives :) Not that chums and family members purchasing products is a bad thing it's just super thrilling to have someone find us by word of mouth! Our Art on the Avenue sales were super exciting and encouraging as well, but this was from someone who hadn't even gotten to touch and feel our items yet. I'm quite stoked and hope that our newest customer is very pleased with her owl hat. It is one of my favorite hats, one that I had a lot of fun making. I'm sort of sad to see it go.

I have found that I am slightly heartbroken to see my handiwork find new homes. This might sound really strange since the point is to sell them, but usually I've put lots of time and energy into the pattern, color choices, etc. It's like there is a piece of me in each thing I make. I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to finished products. I have a tendency to be a little too picky, but I like to think that makes my items better quality. I want to be happy with what I'm offering. I am definitely happy with my owl hat. So pleased in fact, that I think I should make another.

No comments:

Post a Comment